Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Amphibious welcome in Germany

After three marvellous months in Costa Rica, I am back in Germany. Of course it's great to finally see my girlfriend, family and friends again. But the temperature drop was enormous and unfortunately I am not surrounded by that much nature here as I was in Costa Rica. Luckily there are still some beautiful amphibians around. Shortly after my arrival in Germany I was able to see some of those. For example the Barred Fire Salamander (Salamandra salamandra terrestris) and the Alpine Newt (Ichthyosaura alpestris). Like most amphibians they are nocturnal, so I keep doing night tours... unlike in Costra Rica, here in Germany I don't need to watch out for venemous snakes like the Fer de Lance (Bothrops asper). 

Salamandra salamandra terrestris - Barred Fire Salamander

Ichthyosaura alpestris - Alpine Newt


No comments:

Post a Comment